Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra is the latest Hispanic American from the Golden State to join the Biden administration. The state attorney general now joins other cabinet-level Latinos leaders who held prominent positions in California, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and Small Business Administration chief Isabel Guzman. Biden’s administration also includes White House director of intergovernmental affairs, Julie Chávez Rodriguez, who grew up in California and is the granddaughter of labor activist Cesar Chávez.
- For a Path Forward on Climate, Let’s Learn From the Original New Deal
- After COVID-19, Here’s How We Can Make Sure Everyone Can Heal
- The Business Case for Vaccine Equity
- Why the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Shouldn’t Be Viewed as Second Class
- Three California Latinos serve in Joe Biden’s cabinet now that Xavier Becerra is confirmed