California is facing a drought again. Governor Gavin Newsom prepared for wildfire season by signing a deal to set aside $536 million for prevention efforts, including forest health maintenance and fuel breaks. CalMatters’ Emily Hoeven helps review the deal, which some critics say isn’t enough to fix California’s severe and worsening wildfires.
- For a Path Forward on Climate, Let’s Learn From the Original New Deal
- After COVID-19, Here’s How We Can Make Sure Everyone Can Heal
- The Business Case for Vaccine Equity
- Why the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Shouldn’t Be Viewed as Second Class
- Three California Latinos serve in Joe Biden’s cabinet now that Xavier Becerra is confirmed